Today we will take the time to share the work of one of our committee members, Lavinia Ogolla, in Kenya.
Lavinia is a part of the Marketing and Social Media Committee of LAMB Foundation and has been so helpful thus far. While she focuses on helping LAMB Foundation, she also is a Kenyan Native and young philanthropist wanting to change her home.
Thus Daugthers of the Nile (DON) was born. They are group of young professional women with the collective interests of the people of the Lake Basin.
- DON was started in January 2015, by 20 young women from various counties in Kenya for purposes of empowering the youth, promoting and acceptance of youth in enterprenual circles and bringing together young women to share ideas and interact.
- DON works in solidarity with the youth connecting their voices, sharing ideas, spreading inspiration to eradicate poverty and ensure social justice prevails.
- Developing capacity:- To enhance the skills and knowledge of the members and other youths.
- Networking:- To encourage national and regional networking on issues that empower the youth.
- Empowering:- To empower the youth to claim their rights on agreed priorities.
Becoming a Member
- Any woman over the age of 18 is eligible to be a member upon payment of the registration fees i.e. Kshs.1,000.00.
- All members pay a monthly subscription fee of Kshs. 1000.00.
- Through the DON Programmes, young Kenyans especially women will be empowered to access new information, skills, and economic opportunities.
- All of DON’s efforts are designed to foster confidence in young Kenyans and build their capacity to respond to their experiences by beginning to heal, demanding their rights, and seeking a life of dignity.
- Through the DON Programmes, these young Kenyans will not only become self-sufficient but will also be able to mobilize resources and advocate for other community members to overcome poverty and other barriers to success.
Find out More