BIRDS HILL!! CHATTEAU!! ROCK RIVER!! LONGSVILLE!! WHITE MARL!! CHANDLERS PEN!! MORRIS HALL!! MOORES!! PALMER’S CROSS!!
It is time for us to work together to strengthen our communities.
IT’S NOT A ‘ME’ TING… IT’S A ‘WE’ TING
LAMB Health Fair is set out not just to provide health services, but to start the collaboration process between all communities.
If there is a problem in Rock River, let’s all find the solution and way to fix it. If you need help in Bird’s Hill, it is our duty to work together to lend a hand.
On Saturday, July 2nd at the health fair we are asking members from each community (from Rock River all the way to Palmer’s Cross- ALL communities in between) to sign up to be a part of our forum on Sunday July 3rd 9 am to 11 am.
What is the Forum:
After evaluation from our preliminary needs assessments done in February and March in different communities including (Bird’s Hill, Rock River and Moores) we listened to the needs you requested. We are putting together committees with representatives from all communities that can bring forth the issues and concerns we can address in 5 key areas:
- Healthcare Access and Emergency Transport:
- Work toward build the clinic, ongoing health fairs/services through out the year, raising funds to have our very own emergency transport
- Environmental Health
- Focus issues such as proper garbage disposal, acquiring proper water for the community, and other health hazards in neighborhoods
- Job Opportunities
- Begin learning the avenues for job opportunities. Bringing back information to the community so that community members can get proper training for jobs
- Educational Opportunities
- Spreading the knowledge of educational opportunities for children and adults throughout the neighborhoods. Acquiring money to help individuals with school fees, school supplies etc.
- Community Development
- Building back out communities to have events throughout the year such as fun day, tournaments, reading days, talent shows, financial advising etc. This will keep our communities active and working together.
On Sunday, we will begin brainstorming key issues in neighborhoods while working with foundations throughout Jamaica such as HEART for job opportunities and the Clarendon Health Department for Healthcare access and emergency transportation. We will lay grounds for regular meetings and projects to take place in each community as discussed and voted on by representatives in the meeting.
We are in this together, We can’t do this without you.
In addition, we have already secured our next location for LAMB HEALTH FAIR 2017.
NEXT YEAR 2017 WE WILL HOST LAMB HEALTH FAIR AT ROCK RIVER PRIMARY SCHOOL!
So we at LAMB Foundation are calling you out:
BIRDS HILL!! CHATTEAU!! ROCK RIVER!! LONGSVILLE!! WHITE MARL!! CHANDLERS PEN!! MORRIS HALL!! MOORES!! PALMER’S CROSS!! AND ALL COMMUNITIES IN BETWEEN!
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”